Original post date 9/9/10 on eat2prevent.com
So tonight was leftover night because I’m getting fresh veggies from Rosebank Farms tomorrow and I had forgotten to thaw any fish. So I threw together one of the most delicious meals I’ve had in a long time. I mean, this was alllll flava!
- 1 cup veggie broth
- leftover pinkeye peas (which I snapped and cooked yesterday) in broth
- 1 can salmon
- about 2 cups leftover rice, which I had cooked with coconut milk (I used Thai Jasmine rice, but you can use any leftover rice)
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 package frozen veggies (green beans, carrots, etc.)
- 1 tsp curry powder
- garlic chili pepper sauce (A Taste of Thai brand) to taste
- sea salt to taste
- Heat frozen veggies in vegetable broth for 3 minutes; add salmon and stir.
- Add peas in broth; toss in rice and stir.
- Add chickpeas, curry powder, garlic chili sauce, and salt to taste. Stir and simmer 10 minutes.
But that’s not all! I had a bunch of cucumbers from Rosebank, so I made this awesome cucumber raita with chives and basil to top it off!
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- a handful of chives and basil, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Mix it all up! It's good enough to eat by itself.
- 2 medium squash (about 2 cups) sliced about 1/2 inch thick
- olive oil
- Brush squash with olive oil front and back; sprinkle with paprika, turmeric, and salt. Roast or grill for 5-10 minutes or until you can insert a fork easily.